Todd Feldman has joined the Axiom team as a Senior Valuation Analyst and Partner.
In the past, he has worked with Axiom as an economic analyst prior to working as a consultant for Fundamental Investment Advisors in San Francisco, and as an Associate Professor of Finance at San Francisco State University where he taught Corporate Finance and Financial Markets & Institutions, advised undergraduate students, and researched behavioral finance and international economics.
Todd is an accomplished academic with a passion for research. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting form SUNY, Binghamton and went on to pursue his Masters of Science in Applied Economics at University of California, Davis, and Masters of Arts in International Economics at University of California, Santa Cruz before receiving his PhD in International Economics and Finance from UC Santa Cruz. Todd has earned the CFA designation and in addition he has published in major academic and practitioner journals. His publications include:
- “Buy and Hold versus Timing Strategies, The Winner is.” Joint with Alan Jung and Jim Klein. Journal Portfolio Management, 2015.
- “Quantifying Irrational Sentiment.” Journal of Investment Strategies, 2014, 3, 1-16.
- “Investor Behavior and Contagion.” Quantitative Finance, 2014.
- “Emotional Investing and Performance.” Algorithmic Finance, 2011, 45-55.
- “Computational Economics and Econometrics: An Exercise in Compatibility,” (joint with Andy Sun) International Journal of Computational Economics and Econometrics, 2011, 105-114.
- Behavioral Economics Conference, Erasmus University Rotterdam, in honor of Daniel Kahneman, October 2009.
- Brand Value and Perceived Risk in the Service Sector – Presented at Almaden Research Lab, IBM, San Jose, CA, September 18th, 2008.
- Humans, Robots and Market Crashes: A Laboratory Study – Presented at the International ESA Conference at Caltech, Pasadena, CA, June 28th 2008
- Portfolio Manager Behavior and Global Financial Crises – Presented at SCIE PhD Conference, Santa Cruz, CA, May 30th 2008.