Senior Valuation Analyst Job Opening
- Conduct the analysis and valuation of financial securities issued by both private and public firms, including determining the value of equities and fixed income securities as well as various types of financial derivatives;
- Apply mathematical or statistical techniques to address practical issues in finance, such as derivative valuation, securities trading, risk management, or financial market regulation;
- Define or recommend model specifications or data collection methods;
- Develop core analytical capabilities or model libraries, using advanced statistical, quantitative, or econometric techniques;
- Develop methods of assessing or measuring corporate performance;
- Devise or apply independent models or tools to help verify results of analytical systems;
- Assist company principals in interaction with oversight entities like accounting firms and government agencies;
- Work with company principals in recommending various acquisition and divestment strategies to clients and prepare analyses of various financing options to effect different investment options;
- Maintain and update complex Excel workbook valuation models;
- Work with company principals on a variety of financial reporting engagements, including the allocation of the purchase price to acquired assets as part of an acquisition, the valuation of common stock and related employee stock options, the testing of goodwill impairment, fair value reviews of credit instruments and fair market value of entities for IRS purposes;
- Use technology to determine the fair value of securities issued by private equity and hedge funds as well use the platform to fair value other types of alternative assets;
- Interpret results of financial analysis procedures;
- Maintain or modify all financial analytic models in use;
- Produce written summary reports of financial research results;
- Provide application or analytical support to researchers or traders on issues such as valuations or data; and
- Research new financial products or analytics to determine their usefulness.
Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in finance or a related field plus two years of experience in the job offered or in comparable job/s in valuation practices.
40/week, 9:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Resumes to be marked to:
Terra-Firma.net, Inc. d/b/a Axiom Valuation Solutions
201 Edgewater Drive, Suite 255
Wakefield, MA 01880
Telephone: (781) 486-0100